Getting Started with Blynk
- Hardware that works with Blynk. Check the full list of supported hardware here
- If your hardware doesn’t have connectivity on board, you can use shields like Ethernet, WiFi, GPRS and many others. Blynk also works over Bluetooth and USB (☝️ USB is not for newbies!)
In order to connect Blynk App and your hardware, you need an Auth Token.
- Create a new account in Blynk App.
- Create a New Project. Then choose the board and connection you will use.
- After the project was created, we will send you Auth Token over email.
- Check your email inbox and find the Auth Token.
☝️ Blynk library should be installed manually. Follow the instructions:
- Download the latest release .zip file.
- Unzip it. You will notice that archive contains several folders and several libraries.
- Copy all these libraries to your_sketchbook_folder of Arduino IDE. To find the location of your_sketchbook_folder, go to top menu in Arduino IDE: File -> Preferences (if you are using Mac OS – go to Arduino → Preferences)
The structure of your your_sketchbook_folder should now look like this, along with your other sketches (if you have them):
☝️ Note that libraries should go to libraries and tools to tools
- Choose Your board (for example: Arduino UNO)
- Choose your connection (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB…)
The first example you need is:
- In the example sketch, find this line:
char auth = "YourAuthToken";
• Change it with your Auth Token (it should be in your email inbox after you created the Project in the Blynk app. Now it should exactly like this (☝️ don’t forget the ” “):
char auth = "53e4da8793764b6197fc44a673ce4e21";
• 🔥 Flash the code to your hardware
• Open serial monitor in Arduino IDE. You should see something like this
___ __ __ / _ )/ /_ _____ / /__ / _ / / // / _ \/ '_/ /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\ /___/ v0.4.4
 Connecting to YourWiFi  Connected to YourWiFi  My IP: 192.168.10.172  Blynk v0.4.4  Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442  Ready (ping: 1ms)
- How to read sensors?
- How to turn something ON and OFF?
- How to control servo motor?
- How to send notifications?
- How to….?